Wednesday, July 11, 2012

green and gorgeous

Just wanted to share with you a darling little vintage cabinet that was
originally used to hold vinal records once upon a time. . .

100_8304

When it came to us, it was in pretty good shape for how
old it was. . .and just needed a little tender loving care ;)


The green was chosen to match the bedding in our clients
little boys' room, which we toned down a bit by distressing
and adding a dark walnut oil glaze. . .

100_8305

By refinishing the top and knobs in a dark walnut stain,
it provided the perfect contrast.

Look at that beautiful wood grain! I always love the suprise I get when
staining unfamiliar wood and wiping it away to reveal its true design. . .

 100_8306

Lucky little guy who gets this fun heirloom piece in his bedroom :)

100_8304
 
If you'd like to learn how to do a two-tone finish, you can view the tutorial here.
 
If you'd like to learn more about oil glazing, see here.

12 comments:

  1. It turned out so pretty. I love that dark stain on the top. I've given you the "Versatile Blogger" award. Please stop by and see what it is all about. http://www.pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, the green goes so well with the wood !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous cabinet! Great re-do. Love the bright green and the contrast of the dark top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT MAKEOVER. Amazing what a little paint can do.
    Im now following your from PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com.
    Please take a minute and come over and visit me. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece. I love the color - I've never seen much for green makeovers. I just finished an old dry sink and painted it a similiar shade a green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great shade of green, it's a great combination of wood and color. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful makeover. I have a couple of green pieces in my otherwise red/yellow/blue rooms and I just love the green. Enjoy your "greenery".

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE YOUR CABINET REDO! the color is beautiful, id love to feature it if that would be ok with you please let me know,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why have I not found your blog sooner? . . . It is awesome! Every post I clink on is totally outstanding. Wow!!! I am your newest follower. Come on over I adore company . . . if I could I would have a dish of warm cookies on the table when you arrive.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this color and the natural top! I found you on the shabby creek cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Popped over from MMM. I just love this little two door dresser. The combo of green with the varnished wood is extraordinary. And the wood peeking through details, circle and knobs just make this piece. Love - love- love!

    Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SW Michigan
    Hand-Painted Vintage Furniture Transformations
    Blog: http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com
    Facebook: donnaallgaierlamberti@facebook.com (for portfolio of chalk painted work)

    ReplyDelete