Friday, January 20, 2012

Story of an old church pew...

I have to admit, I wasn't so sure about this bench. . .but oh, how I love it now!



A favorite client of ours has an eye for finding the greatest treasures...

This church pew has probably enjoyed many o' sermons
while in its prime,

but gone are the days of yesteryear...


Luckily, it was spotted, brought home, and transformed.

Oh how I love a good transformation!
This old pew has gone to a lovely cottage in the hills (see here)



. . .and hapilly rests in the parlor.


. . .a new life!



And that's the story of an old church pew.

THE END

"An optomist is the human
personification of Spring."
                                -Susan J. Bissonette



Linking up to:

6 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful church pew! If those are current pictures, I'm jealous, we are supposed to get 5 inches of snow tonight. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, just seeing the green grass and sun made me gravitate towards your link!! But also, I LOVE decorating with church pews!! I only wish I had a place anywhere in my home that I could put one so I could at least DREAM about ever having one :) I'm your newest member! If you have a moment I'd love it if you visited me at AllThatBringsJoy.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Heidi! I will for sure check out your blog! I don't have room for a church pew either, but I'm thinking maybe my front porch!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Lisa! Haha, they are not current pics. . . we are supposed to get snow too! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your church pew redo! I have one sitting in my hallway that I've lugged around from place to place since the 1980s. It is really heavy, as I'm sure you know. Wouldn't take anything for it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say, it’s a great job! It’s nice that, even with the changes, you’ve managed to keep its classic appearance. And that’s what made it an exceptional piece. :) Reforming the bench without completely erasing its memories and old craftsmanship is hard, but you did it. :D

    -->Earnestine Kettering

    ReplyDelete