Thursday, January 19, 2012

New life for a little shelf...and a bathroom

This cute little shelf caught my eye one day while I was out treasure
hunting (aka:thrifting), and knew I had the perfect place for it.
We had been working on a bathroom makeover (see here) for a client, 
and this would be the perfect piece to hold the random jars of
cotton balls, swabs, and sented bath salts.



Originally, the shelf was just a simple oak finish. . . but I knew it had potential!
With a bead board backing, and a little bit of paint and glaze, it had a new life. . .
sometimes thats all it takes. . ."seeing" the potential and possibilities.




This is the bathroom before...not too bad, really. Just needed a little
splash of color and personality to bring it to life.


Our client loved red, but wanted to
keep the bathroom light, so we decided to install a 4 ft. high
bead board wrap in crisp white...it did the trick!

 (full details can be viewed on our Room Makeover's page)


If only we could "see" the potential in people the way we do
 when we restore a piece of furniture, repaint a room,
reorganize a closet, or remodel a house. . .
what if
 we took the time to restore someone's hope,
rebuild someone's self worth,
renew someone's faith. . .


"Don't judge each day by the
harvest you reap,
but by the seeds you plant."
                   -Robert Louis Stevenson






5 comments:

  1. Wonderful job making it look "old", maybe I should say antique. Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an amazing eye. I don't know if I would have seen the potential in the dated oak shelf, but you worked wonders on it. Great job. And I just noticed that you are new to blogging. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I have some wood heart shelves I was just going to slap some white paint on, but these are great! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete