Thursday, October 18, 2012

sweet little vintage hutch

 Once in a while I come across something that
pulls at my heartstrings. . .this was one of those pieces.
 
The curves, the lines, the turned legs, and overall design. . .very charming :)
 
 
 
One of my cute clients called me wondering if I'd like this. . .
ummm. . .heck yeah! 
It only took a second for me to know exactly where she was gonna go. . .


Since I knew that this was going to be a keeper for a very long time, I decided
to give her a timeless but classic finish with antique white, and a little
minor distressing to show a hint of wear and tear.
 




She fits nice and snug between the kids' rooms at the top of the landing. . .
 

 
The inside was kept in its original form for a nice contrast
against the white. . .not to mention I love the warmth the wood provides.
 
Pieces like this remind me of a more simple, slow paced life. . .
and who doesn't need to be reminded of that every once in a while? :)
 


9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...you are so lucky to have such a sweet client! This piece is gorgeous and I love the transformation! I'm sure you'll enjoy it for years to come! Hopped over from FFF and I'm happy to be your newest follower. Would love to have you stop by for a visit! Blessings ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IS absolutely Gorgeous! Such a statement piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for one of these to fall in my greedy little paws! A little bit jealous here! Gorgeous makeover! :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this it turned out beautiful, would it be ok if it featured it? Let me know.
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out beautiful! Great job with the refinishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, dis I say wow? This is a beauty. Well done. xo

    ReplyDelete