Tuesday, February 19, 2013

sweet & simple inspirations

Once in a while I come across something that speaks to me
in a quiet, simple sort of way. . .this was one of those times.


We spent the weekend down south in beautiful Hurricane, Utah. . .
a quaint little town nestled in the the red rock hills.
 

 
Whenever we travel with our son's baseball team, I'm always on the lookout
for historic sites, flea markets, and antique shops to fill my inspiration board. . .
and this charming little town did NOT disappoint :)
 
Once upon a time, this was the Bradshaw Hotel, and has since been turned
into a museum. . .shall we take a tour?
 





 
 This desk above is one that I am coveting. . .
Oh how I would love this piece in my office space!
 



 
 Love, love, LOVE this old stove!
 
 
. . .and the beautiful patina silverware!
 


 




 
 
Sigh. . .
 
 
Something about the idea of a simpler time and life brings me a sense of comfort,
and makes me want to bring that into my own home. . .I guess it's a way of connecting with
those in the past. Even though I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate modern conveniences, the
practicality and charm of hand stitched quilts, bottled peaches lining the shelves, and laundry
hanging on the clothes line make me think of a family well connected through
hard work and time spent together. I think that's why places like this appeal to my
senses and leave me longing for more. . .something that our generation is missing out on.
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 There's a lot to be learned from the past, and I can't help but think that by stripping
away some of the fast-paced distractions in our lives, maybe our days can be a little brighter,
our minds a little clearer, and our loads a little lighter.
 
 
. . .that's what I think anyways ;)
 
"Lost time is never found again."
                      
 -Benjamin Franklin



1 comment:

  1. I saw your first two pictures and knew instantly where they were taken! I have family in St. George and we would drive up from Arizona and drive right by that house. Without fail I always wanted to stop, but we never did! Thank you for the pictures I loved them, now I feel complete!

    ReplyDelete