Saturday, January 14, 2012

Subtle Changes...

I've had this shelf for a long time, and it's been through a few
colors as it's moved to various places throughout the house. 


For the past seven years, it's been in my daughter's room, along with
this cute princess pink bench.


Her room's been this same way since she was born,
and I'm ready to make some changes...some of the changes are going to be
major, and some are going to be small.


My daughter really loves her bench and shelf, but her "new room" will
look a little more vintage, and a little more mature...and these
pieces were just a bit too modern for my taste.


With the bench and shelf in tow, we went out to the workshop
to do a little distressing with the electric sander.

Did I tell you how much I like my electric sander?


A little sanding...a little dusting...and a coat of clear satin lacquer...


and it's done!

A little side note on the lacquer spray:
Make sure to have plenty of ventalation, and wear a mask...it's strong!
When working on smaller projects, my very favorite aerosal spray
 is made by "Deft," and is sold at either Lowes or Home Depot.




I love to have multiple colors showing through, revealing it's past lives...



Just some subtle changes...but has made me a very happy girl today!


The best part about it is that my sweet little princess loves it too :)


"A daughter may outgrow your lap...
but she will never outgrow your heart."
                         -Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment