Monday, March 26, 2012

History field trip

As some of you may know, we are a home school family, and have been
for the past seven years now. . .and we LOVE our monthly field trips :)

On this particular day, we went to "This is the Place Heritage Park"
and learned all about our pioneer ancestors. I decided to post these pics
since they reflect perfectly my goals for this blog...

simplicity, creativity, and joy!


Needless to say, it was a GREAT way for my kids (and myself) to gain an appreciation for
all of our modern day conveniences. . .


A family lived in this one room log home, which had a loft
above where all the children slept. . .

 I couldn't help but think about the sweet little girls that
played with these hand-made dolls.

The kids learned how to use washboards, iron, and hang the clothes out to dry. . .




Of course my son would rather just hang his earlobes up to dry instead :)


. . .precious girl :)


                Plowing the fields. . .how come my kids don't enjoy their chores
at home like they enjoyed these?



...and having a little fun :)



There was something so calm and serene about being here. . .I think
I may have been born in the wrong era.

Such a beautiful simplicity about this place left me longing to
go back in time with my family. No video games or cell phones to
distract us, where we could bond in unity through hard work and play. . .
not that those things couldn't be achieved here and now. . .
I'm just going to have to work a little harder at it.


Maybe we just need to move out to the country somewhere. . .and possibly
join an Amish community. . .seriously.


I love the quaint little rooms, full of character and charm. . .




Here's some of our home school friends in front of the old school house. . .



Nothing like going to school in the good old days :)






Last but certainly not least. . .horse rides (something my poor kids don't EVER get to do)




It's been a long day out workin' on the farm :)


Wishing we could just move here. . .well, maybe just until it snows and
then I'll want my car, and maybe my heater. . .oh, and the TV and
computer wouldn't be bad either :)


"Life is not a matter of milestones,
but a matter of moments."
                    -Anonymous

3 comments:

  1. What a fun field trip.I LOVE history.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! I remember going on one exactly like that when I was around their age in Williamsburg. I wanted to let you know that we We're passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to you - Stop by Our Pinteresting Family to learn more about the award.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks like a great trip. we love to visit historic areas as well. thanks for sharing your photos.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete